To provide passengers with 24/7 access to the most commonly requested TSA information on their mobile device, TSA has developed the MyTSA mobile application. No matter where you are, you’ll have easy access to information you need to get through security and onto the plane safely and smoothly.
MyTSA puts the most frequently requested information about security procedures at airport checkpoints right at their fingertips. The application has multiple functions, including allowing travelers to find out if an item can be taken in checked or carry-on bags, view delays at all U.S. airports via a feed from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), get some of the most commonly asked packing and traveling tips, and post and see other passengers’ checkpoint wait times at specific airports.
TSA also has the ability to update the application to give users the most up to date information to help them prepare for security. If a specific item is not listed on the ‘Can I Bring?’ tool, users can submit it, through the app, directly to TSA for consideration to be added to the app.
MyTSA has multiple functions, including the following tools:
- Airport Status: Users can see what airports are experiencing general delays (not flight specific) or search for conditions at a specific airport. This information is provided by the FAA.
- ‘Can I Bring?’: Users can type in an item they plan to bring on a trip to find out if it is permitted or prohibited, and whether they can pack it in carry-on or checked bags.
- Guide: Users can get travel tips on an array of some of the most popular topics of air travel, including traveling with children, 3-1-1 rules for liquids, gels and aerosols, special medical needs, packing tips, tips for how to dress for airport security, tips for military members, and traveling with food and gifts.
- Security wait times: MyTSA gives passengers the ability to share their wait time and see what wait times other passengers have posted for U.S. airports.
- Wait Times: Passengers can also post the approximate amount of time it took them to get through security for other travelers to view.
To get MyTSA on your mobile device, type in www.tsa.gov/mobile.
You can find the MyTSA iPhone app on iTunes.
“MyTSA” App Named Best Government App by Technology Industry Groups